Subject Author Posted Replies

Wood Texturing Question: Surface of Tiny Beads
A few years ago, I saw an ad for some wood finishing product (maybe Formby's). The ad showed a photo of a stair post made of some really rich, detailed wood, carved with one of those abstract...
4
4

grinder wheel color
Hey -- Am planning to decorate my garage and am wondering about grinder wheel colors ... shocking pink? ... dazzling white?? ... powder blue??? ... JUUUUSSTT KIDDING. But seriously, am starting to...
5
5

Refinishing Antique Radio Cabinets
I've been restoring antique radios as a hobby for a number of years, and have had reasonably good success using Minwax stains and coatings. But one problem that has always bugged me is the inability...
9
9

shellac question -- very slow to fully harden
> Yes. Look at the clarity of dewaxed/decanted shellac verses that > straight out of the can. Dewaxed/decanted shellac will be clear. > Shellac out of the can is very cloudy. > > Most complaints...
23
23

Dog Mailbox Patterns
Sat, Jan 20, 2007, 12:59am (EST+5) (CW) doth stare thinking along the right lines with: Be sure to mount it on an eight inch I beam to make it vandal proof. Ah, you've not thought it thru. Maybe a...
5
5

Dustbin cupboard door
My dustbin cupboard door is knackered. Its a very short door. The doo is approximately 3 feet wide by 3.5 feet high and made of 6- overlapping panels. I dont really want to get a carpenter in for this...
1
1

12" table saw
Anyone want to recommend a 12" table saw? Lou
6
6

Porter Cable Air Compressor and Several brands of power washers recall
A recall has been announced for the portable Porter Cable wheeled air compressor and Delta, Excell, Porter-Cable, Pressure-Wave, Water Driver power washers that have tires mounted on plastic rims....

RE Home Depot's Chinese Made Plywood rant
Home Depot is absolutely the worst large corporation in the country. It has nothing but contempt for its customers, its vendors, its employees, and the communities in which it operates. Its principal...
3
3

Warped board
Originally, my kitchen-cabinet doors had flat (i.e., slab) fronts. The door-fronts have since been recessed and re-faced. Below the kitchen sink is a closet (where the cleaning-supplies are kept)....
3
3

urgent ..pls help -construction question
urgent ..pls help -construction question Background ***************** My friend is buying a home in the SF Bay Area, California. It is a stucco house, I believe. The chimney is brick. The home has a...
4
4

OT: Internet Bookmarks http://del.icio.us/
FWIW the free is the best thing I've found for having the same internet bookmarks on more than one computer. With the FireFox and IE add-ins it is very quick to bookmark a page, much faster than Yahoo...

dewalt radial saw 16 in model 3576
Would anyone know a place to get the motor rewound or know of a used 5 or 7 1/2 hp motor for this saw ?? thanks in advance
3
3

Very beautiful
1) If you are looking for the truth to soothe and please your self, just click on this link. 2) If you are looking for the secrt of the family happiness, just click on this link. 3) If you are looking...
1
1

Dust Collection Question
I am setting up a home workshop with a dust collection system. Is there a good reason to use "dust collection" hoses for the fittings over standard sheet-metal ductwork? Any insights would be greatly...
2
2