Miter Saw Jig Question?

I'd been planning on making a saw sled and using that, but seems my saw just doesn't stay aligned like it should. Get the blade all aligned with the miter slot, and not too long later, instead of a kerf as wide as the blad wind up with a kerf about 1/4". It still cuts sraight and all, and while I didn't mind a bit of fiddling to get the fense lined up and all, this just takes a bit more fiddling than I care to do. So, until I get some more pennies saved up, and find a decent saw I want, I got myself a miter saw. Been wanting one anyway, but no real need. But, as I intend to do some semi-production cutting, thunk it would be the time. Will possible turn the old saw into a disc sander.

What I' after is to be able to cut pieces from approx 1 3/4" X 5", up to 5" X 5", one after another, without having to reach down and remove them. Had this figured out with the saw sled, but hadn't finished it when this happened, so stopped work on that. I've looked thru my library, and been googling. Haven't come up with anything evem c;pse.

So, I've figxured I can use a chunk of 2X4, 2X6, or 2X8, whatever, as a base, feed from the left, using a stop for consistent sizing, then have the base angled like a ramp o the right side of the blade. Then when the cut's made, the piece should slide off, into a catch box. Haven't tried this yet, and may have to tilt the saw itself, to make a steep enough angle for the pieces to slide down out of the way. I'll be cutting 1/2" to 3/4" ply. All cuts will be 99 degrees only.

I've got all this figured out, but want to know if anyone else has run into a similar jig I can check out. If there's one out there, might have something I haven't thought of, and no sense in re-inventing the wheell if I don't have to. So, any9one seen a jig like that out there? And, if so, will you supply the link to it?

If there's nothing out there, no biggie. What I've got figured out will work, just haven't figured out just how I'll make the ramp on the right side yet. But, I'll get it figured dout, no prob. Hmmm, just had a thought, a piece of metal might be best for a ramp. But, either way, it'll get waxed to beat Hell. By the way, waxed paper makes a good substitute for paste wax.

JOAT Bugrit. Millennium hand AND shrimp.

Reply to
J T

JOAT,

I've got a double sided 10" table saw sanding disc that I never use. Want it?

If so, email me direct at the barry@ address you've used before.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Sun, Jan 21, 2007, 7:35am snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (B=A0A=A0R=A0R=A0Y) did sayeth: I've got a double sided 10" table saw sanding disc that I never use. Want it? If so, email me direct at the barry@ address you've used before.

I just sent'cha an e-mail. If it doesn't show up soon, means I screwed up the address. If so, kindly send me one, the address is good.

Thanks.