10 inch cabinetmaker's table saw

Thought I found a good deal

Rusty

I haven't kept up with the Sears line of saws for a long time, but $912 new? For years they continued cheapening their saws to maintain a price point somewhere in the $300-400 range. That $400 he's asking strikes me as just about what he paid for it. To me it looks like about 1980s vintage, too.

Wait a minute. I just saw that's a Canuckistani price. In that case, it might actually have been $912 depending on how bad the exchange rate was at the time he bought it. However, $400 is way high now whether it's USD or CDN.

Reply to
LRod

Looks like junk to me. First of all that's not a cbinetmakers saw, it's a low contractors table saw.

Reply to
Tom

I sold one just like it a few years ago and was tickled pink to get $100US for it. The sears fence was a complete piece of crap and the tilt mechanism was "anchored" to the sheet metal side which flexed badly. Run away. Now. Art

Reply to
Artemus

While Sears sold this saw by Emerson as a "Cabinet Makers" it was really = a "Contractors" saw which came in 2 varieties and maybe more depending = upon the fence.

The Cheap version to which you refer is the one in the picture, The = better(?) version cost a hundred more and came with an "extend-a-rip" = fence (a poor mans Beismier - not sure about the spelling). Sears even = tried selling them for $1400 but found no takers.

I have the latter version and am totally happy with the results it can = deliver. Parallel and tuned, this saw delivers really true and clean = rips.

If the pictured saw is acquired, the only things needed would be, a new = carbide blade, an upgraded fence, and serious tune up.

P D Q

Reply to
PDQ

This is a cheap contractor table saw. The $400 could be better spent.

Reply to
Phisherman

It could be a cabinetmakers saw. What it's definitely not is a cabinet saw.

Reply to
LRod

Well it may have been a Cabinet Makers saw but certainly not a Cabinet Saw.

Reply to
Leon

Not a Cabinet Saw, but very could have been a cabinet makers saw.

Reply to
Leon

I know it will kill you to conclude something about minds thinking alike, but I posted exactly the same sentiment about three hours earlier.

I only posted it once, though.

Reply to
LRod

LOL, I was too busy straightening out the misunderstanding to read all the comments first. You won the race.

Reply to
Leon