Crying wood

We've been having a humid couple of weeks, and I've got a piece of furniture that has started to drip water. I have not got a clue what the wood is - any ideas, is it the wood, the glues, varnish??

Reply to
Roger

Never heard of this personally... I assume it's a finished piece? Did you make it or is it store-bought? How much water is coming out of it?

Will

Reply to
WHWood

It is clearly possessed. You should call a Catholic Priest immediately. But seriously, could it be condensation? It is near a window and/or heating vent? If it lives in the South, however, I know how it feels.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

In Houston, every thing drips water at least daily. ;~) Condensation?

Reply to
Leon

Yep, finished item, store bought about 15 years ago.

It drips about a saucer a day, first time its done this since we bought it.

Reply to
Roger

Look for a plumbing leak.

Reply to
Nova

Good thinking.

Another possibility would be a dead rotting animal trapped inside.

For condensation to form there would need to be a diurnal temperature/humidity swing. If you air-condition in the daytime cooling it down with dry air, and then let warmer humid air in at night, or vice versa, then it could be condensation.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Obviously "Weeping Willow". What did you say to the poor thing? :-)

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular