1/8 inch thick red oak?

Anyone know were I can get 1/8 inch thick red oak? I would like it in

2ft. by 4ft or so pieces, if possible.

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Nobody will stock that. Red oak isn't the most stable wood and large thin pieces will distort rendering them unsaleable. Does it have to be solid wood? You could glue veneer to a layer or two of doorskin and be in the right ballpark thickness.

RicodJour

Thruway Hardwood & Plywood Corp. in Buffalo, NY sells 1/8" hardwood plywood.

might be expensive.

Reply to
Nova

I think you will have to go the plywood route.. There is no place the hard wood that size unless it is a glue up

Randy

randyswoodshoop

Thanks for the info. Yes, I need solid. I plan on bending it.

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
Paul

I need solid wood since I will bend it. Perhaps I can buy a different size and have it cut down?

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul

Bending plywood is a standard item from a plywood distributor.

3mm should be available.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Sounds like you want "wiggle board" which is bendable plywood, although I'm not sure how thin you can get it.

Reply to
Upscale

Home Depot. The thinner plywood comes pre-bent. Just look until you find the bends that suits your needs.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Why don't you back up a bit and tell us what you're trying to do. You'll get better advice if you're not tying our hands by asking a very specific availability question. Of course that runs the risk of having to modify your plan if a better solution is offered. Take the risk. ;)

RicodJour

You may be able to find thicker boards that wide and have them resawn by someone with a really big bandsaw but a two ft wide piece of red oak that is only 1/8" thick is likely to split just in routine handling.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt