Drying performance of large sinker cypress posts

I am looking at using a set of 12"x12" sinker cypress posts (9' tall) as outdoor architectural pieces for a project. Because of their size I can only get these pieces cut straight from a recently-raised log, which means they will be installed "wet". The posts will be fastened to an adjoining wall with a series of through-mortised stainless steel plates.

I don't have any experience with the drying performance of a piece of this size; can anyone offer input on the likelihood and character of checking, twisting, or other wood movement during the 2-3 years these pieces will take to acclimate?

Thanks!

/adam

Reply to
adam.block