1/4" 4x8 5 or 7 ply plywood ?

I need some 1/4" 7 ply BB or better plywood. I'm laminating ABS plastic to them which comes in 4x8 sheets so 4x8 would be much preferable to 5x5. Does anyone know of any such animal?

Someone mentioned to me this morning that theres something that they think is called Oklahoma (or one of the 50 states) Birch which is effectively Russian in a 4x8 sheet. Anyone ever heard of it?

Thanks,

Folk...

Reply to
Folklore

Maybe Appleply

Reply to
Leon

Only USA product I know that purports to compete w/ BB is ApplePly.

Reply to
mttt

"mttt" wrote in news:pbsqm1- snipped-for-privacy@armada.sprintco.bbn.net:

I got 4x8 sheets of 1/4" Finnish Birch in void-free 5 ply at Plywood and Lumber Sales, in Oakland, CA. Wasn't cheap, but then I only in modest quantities.

No affiliation, etc. Just a satisfied customer.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

I saw a year or so ago that one of the major plywood manufacturers was making the equivalent to Baltic Birch in 4x8 sheets. I talked to a local supplier that knew about it. He said they won't carry it because it is a lot more expensive than regular Baltic Birch.

Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas

Thanks All! Appleply folks have a stocking distributor about 20 miles from me. I'm picking it up this afternoon.

Thanks again,

Folk...

Reply to
Folklore

There is a product called appleply made by States Industries, I believe. They market it as an alternative to BB and it comes in 4X8. It's not made from apple, but aspen IIRC. YOu can find their web site to check it out.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Story I heard was when they were picking a name, some said it was American as Apple Pie, and that morphed into Appleply

Hard to find a stocking dealer, I would have to drive 300-400mile to find it in stock

BUT, it is great plywood, everybit as good as the Baltic/Finnish/Russian Birch for most applications and the larger sheets it comes is a definite PLUS

John

Reply to
John