7 1/4" circular saw plywood blade

Have been looking on line for a carbide, the Borg's, called Rockler, they don't have one. Lowe's shows a Dewalt non carbide. Will have to look at Lowe's tomorrow when I'm there to see if maybe they have something not on their website. Where to get a decent carbide at a reasonable price? May have to get the Dewalt for 9 bucks to do just this project. Won't be throwing away much when it dulls anyway. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

I got a pretty decent carbide plywood-cutting blade by Oldham at Menards about two years ago. Don't remember what I paid for it... but I've cut up a couple dozen sheets of plywood, melamine, and MDF with it, and it's still good and sharp.

Reply to
Doug Miller

non-carbide blades are made of good steel for making scrapers out of. don't throw it away....

Reply to
bridger

You can try Ridge Carbide. they have a lot of blades not shown on their web page but I can't find the catalog right now. Give them a call. .

Edwin Pawlowski

"decent" & "reasonable" are user specific.

My definition may be totally different than yours.

What are you defining as "decent" & "reasonable"?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I have a gold Freud Diablo blade on my circular saw, and it gives a very nice cut. I've used it on birch plywood quite a bit, even though I don't think it's specifically a plywood blade. No tearout, smooth finish. And it's got carbide tips, and was a reasonable price.

Clint

Reply to
Clint

I got a 7 1/4 Matsushita blade at Western Tool that cuts really well, and didn't cost a fortune (about $30 several years ago).

No connection other than having spent a lot of money there. Their stores didn't seem to have a lot of stock until I realized that everything they sell is good, useful stuff - no crap to weed through. They are contractor oriented.

PDX David

Reply to
Jane & David

Thanks, that's one place I didn't go to. Just got the Dewalt at Lowe's. Made a nice cut but I ended up screwing up the cut. Got a little wiggly, now I gotta figure a way to square everything up, beings these pieces are too big to rip on my TS.

Reply to
Paul O.

I have a Freud Diablo also, from Chase Pitkin. I think that's a pretty local chain to New York/PA area, but Amazon.com has them too. This blade has produced extremely smooth cuts in both plywood and solid hardwood on my almost-antique Skil saw, as long as I use a good straightedge.

Reply to
Andy