3/4" plywood weight capacity

Building a platform bed for a Queen size bed.

Using 3/4" CDX for the platform in 2 pieces.

40" wide x 60" long Supported on both 40" spans, but only 1 of the 60" spans.

Will this work? or do I need to run a support along the other 60" edge?

Reply to
Brenda

Hi Brenda,

I would fully support all four edges of the 40x60 platform. 40" is way too much span for 3/4" plywood. I would add two middle supports along the 60" dimension (for three 20" spans), or at the very least one support for two

30" spans.

Good luck!

Anthony Watson

HerHusband

replying to Brenda, jamesnelson wrote: Brenda, Do you know the load limit for shelving on 3/4" plywood that spans

44"wide by 92" in length.
Reply to
jamesnelson