problem with compression hose leaking water

Hi guys,

I've got a compression hose feeding my washing machine that since I've installed keeps leaking very slowly. I've re attached it a few times but the problem persists. I suspect it is the o'ring or the plastic case that has the tread that is not applying the pressure evenly across the o'ring.

I'm thinking about getting a hose that has the caps made out of metal, not sure if they are much better than the plastic ones?

I remember hearing that there is some sort of paste that can help sealing, but I'm not sure if it for treads and not for the o'ring itself. WHat would you guys suggest?

this is the type of hose I was thinking

Not sure if I just got a crap hose, but just in case if plastic ones are no good.

Reply to
Anonymous