chasing threads hose bib

We found a lovely old brass nozzle 6"(15cm) long at a yard or estate sale, embossed [ CHAMPION ] one side, [ LOS ANGELES ] the other.

When I wanted to use it to rinse off solar panels on the roof, it apparently had been used to hammer on (maybe to spread a snug pipe or hose, who knows?) and the threads are all boogered-up.

Tried using a little Dremel diamond wheel to restore them, but can't really get the angles right.

Is there an actual tap or chaser for a 3/4-12 hose-bib, or is there other hope? (Who would need one often enough to keep around?)

Oh, and I suspect why it was in the sale; there is a big burr inside the casting, probably made the stream weird, but if I can get it to fit on a hose, I could drill out inside on the press.

Reply to
pbarnrob

If you're truly in love with this nozzle, take it to a machine shop. They can fix anything and are generally not terribly expensive

Reply to
disqus_beoZh6VqBd