Latest threads in Wallshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

is there an easier way to remove stucco on wall than wetting them down and scraping them
No further details provided

want to tear out a support wall in between two bedrooms....
hello, we recently bought a home and the bedrooms are really small. We are wanting to tear out one wall between two of the bedrooms. the wall that we are wanting to come down is a support wall that is...

Why is the Glidden paint (satan) coming off the walls when washed? Painted over satan and two weeks of drying time.
Would like to know what to put on the walls so the paint wont come off while being washed. Should I give it more time or is there a spray I can spray on it to set it?

what type of waterproofing can I add to cracked railroad ties to extend their life?
retaining wall made of railroad ties. Top timbers are beginning to crack. Want to extend the life another couple of years, thinking of adding some type of waterproofing to top. What would you...

What's the best way to cover horsehair plaster walls?
I don't want to panel or paper them.

I have a shared cinder block wall and its 10' long by 5 ' high but about 3' including the corner is pulling away can i fix this by replacino
I have a 10' by 5' shared cinder block wall but about 3' including the corner it is pulling away. Do I need to replace the entire wall or can I just replace the broken and pulled away blocks. This...

can i use thompson water seal as a vapor barrier on the inside of exterior walls
I am converting a wood framed storage building into a rental cottage. The only problem the city inspector is concerned with is that there is no vapor barrier on the exterior walls. He said that he...

Covering old wallpaper
Can I use 1/8" Masonite over the mess, and tape and float it like Sheetrock

Paint is buckling where drywall got wet. Is there a way to iron out wrinkles?
No further details provided

i have removed old wallpaper off of the walls but it has brown paper underneath with pencil writing on it.so its not unremoved backing.
i have removed old wallpaper off of the walls but it has brown paper underneath with pencil writing on it so it couldnt be unremoved brown paper underneath rips easily and bubbles up when wet and I...
6
6