Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: California says key ingredient in Roundup weed killer can cause cancer
No apologies for the cross post, I think it was justified. Glyphosate, the key ingredient in weed killers such as Roundup, will be added to California's list of chemicals that can cause cancer....
25
25

OT: Solar 300+ times as toxic as nuclear...
"If solar and nuclear produce the same amount of electricity over the next 25 years that nuclear produced in 2016, and the wastes are stacked on football fields, the nuclear waste would reach the...
36
36

Unusual shower fixing
Hi In the attached pictures The plastic connector should push onto the Pipe connector that comes out of the wall and the threaded end attached to the shower hose. The plastic att achment no longer...
10
10

Strange loss of sound
This morning there was no sound on my TV system. this is a Samsung TV connect5ed through a Bose Lifestyle System. I also have a Fire Stick, this works fine. I tunes the TV and that works as well,...
14
14

emergency light
was at a car boot sale today without my glasses and bought for a Fiver an non-maintained emergency light ...any ideas what I could use it for? .....
76
76

8ft Fluorescent tube options ..
Our lounge is lit by 2x8ft fluorescent tubes. After 15 years (and they weren't new when we moved in !) one has packed up. Looking at prices and alternatives, I see you can get LED replacements which...
15
15

[OT] Grenfell Tower Public Inquiry to be abolished...
... as Jeremy Conbyn has already completed the inquiry on his own and in record time and kindly shared the finding on PMQ: it was simply austerity that was the cause for it all... Prime Minister...
25
25

Ideas for hanging signs
I am involved with an industrial museum in an old factory. We would like to hang some signs over some exhibits but climbing up to attach signs to the steelwork will not be allowed - unless we pay a...
8
8

Sound engineer wanted
Being up at 4am and ranting about someone you don't know on the internet apropos of nothing makes you look, just a little, like a, y'know, total prick.
5
5

Dishwasher recirculation pump question.
Our tecnik dishwasher has finally packed in. I'd just go out and buy something else, but the missus is insisting that I get an integrated one that I can fit the existing wooden cover on to, and that...
6
6

Cooker cable
My kitchen currently has a dedicated cooker circuit, 6mm cable from a 32A MCB. New kitchen planned, I now want a new induction hob and a double oven fitted, the max ratings are 7.2 & 4.2 kW...
40
40

Drawer runners
I'm looking to get some drawer runners for a cabinet I'm building. In the sheds the kitchen drawer runners you see all seem to have a lot of play in them. The drawers waggle from side to side. The...
4
4

Setting up shared discussion Access
Would it be possible to set up an *easily shared* email address or forum for all members of an allotment. Essentially it would have to be very *easy* for people to *set up* and operate, since many of...
13
13

heads up
my local ALDI selling new boxed unopened 2 stroke chain saw with 16" Oregon bar and chain ?39.99
3
3

Alarm question
Hi all We have had a spate of the house alarm going off which we thought were spid ers although now it appears to always be the same detector triggering the a larm. I thought it would be wise to...
17
17