OT: more Project Fear bollocks

See:
<https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/960748/brexit-news-uk-latest-ja cob-rees-mogg-project-fear-university-michael-arthur>
The prof who claimed that UK universities would slip down the international rankings admitted to a parliamentary select committee that he'd made it up.
--
"It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
Well if there is no news make some up, why not? Its not a new idea. When did you stop beating your wife territory. Brian
On Thursday, 17 May 2018 07:28:55 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:

How to beat your wife:- instruction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkWVdAfXbXI

Plus
"Professor Arthur also told MPs that he has been involved in talks in Brussels about the future of cooperation between British universities and EU institutions
He also revealed that the EU institutions including the commissioner for the sector are “enthusiastic” about maintaining British links and involvement after Brexit, undermining Remainer claims that the UK would be cut off.
He said “We have strong support for continued British involvement in Europe.”
He said that the European Commission sees Britain as a “leading” candidate for its future plans for deep cooperation with countries outside the EU."
ISTM that this was obvious all along
And anybody who said otherwise during the Brexit campaign was either lying through their teeth or an idiot
tim
On 17/05/2018 12:21, tim... wrote:

How about European involvement in the UK which is what was said? They will be quite happy to accept UK cash in European projects but will we get European cash in UK projects once we leave? What do your brexit (crystal) balls tell you?

Or maybe not?