Subject Author Posted Replies

D-I-Y catering with Herrings In?
When SWMBO is occupied elsewhere and I must feed myself, the flat oval tins of Herrings In are tempting but, when opening these and peeling back the lid of the tin, how does one prevent a rainstorm of...
62
62

OT: Rejoiners
Brexit is a one way ticket. The damage is done. Get over it. There is zero, null, zilch chance in the world the UK would possibly be allowed to rejoin the EU in the next 50 years. Best case scenario...
226
226

Linseed oil putty as a sealer between stone sills
Hello, I have some windows to paint, and the sills are made from stone so to fill the joints is linseed oil putty OK to use? Or is there a "better" product to use, if so, why is it better? I already...
12
12

poplar problems
Yes I know I should be addressing this elswhere but hey ho My son cut down two poplars in his garden last year. Inevitably they are regrowing out of the stump which he regularly trims back. Now he...
19
19

Novel DIY
In message <>, Animal <> writes Isn't that why cameras are fitted to mobile phones?
10
10

glue gun glue
how do I get hardened hot glue gun glue off a plastic piece of equipment ? ....
8
8

UK Power working live? But, for how long?
The chap from Lowri Beck came round to change the meter, but he couldn't get the main fuse out of the input cable. So, they have passed that on to UK Power. It's a ceramic bodied fuse, so it could be...
16
16

stamps with qr codes, or not
How is it that new 'commemorative' stamps don't have QR codes whereas the definitive ones do? If they can manage without them on commemorative series surely they can on 'ordinary' stamps, they spoil...
14
14

Looking for 'pretty' backboxes or pattress boxes
I want to install some double sockets (might be some other things, but it's mostly sockets) in wooden panels where the back, while not in view normally is in usable space, like the inside of a...
27
27

energy
Current notification from the OVO team.. they are ditching the green tariff! Also strong hint those with smart meters may benefit from time shifting consumption.
3
3

most environmentally friendly way to defrost food
As you will all know I am a committed environmentalist and keen supporter of all the various pressure groups that are presently striving so valiantly to force the ignorant masses to change their ways...
40
40

Dorset-Fawcet
anybody remember that from 1954 ?
4
4

Simmerstat wanted
Many years ago, I had a home-made in-line simmerstat thingy. Basically a 13A plug->flex->little box with an energy regulator/simmerstat in it and control knob->more flex->13A socket. It allowed me to...
5
5

Twitter discussion on "Central Planning"
Tweet: Keith Weiner, @RealKeithWeiner Central planning. The promise: wise honest technocrats can invest in science and business without worrying about profit. The reality: politicized investment is a...

Carpet protector
I bought some thick clear vinyl to protect our nice new carpet from my workstation chair. The trouble is that it slides about. So I bought some 3M tape from Screwfix that I thoght was transparent. It...
11
11