Subject Author Posted Replies

taking an impeller off a vacuum without damaging the shaft
I have a vacuum to fix, the motor seems jammed, there is a nut holding the impeller in place, and the impeller stops me removing the motor. The drive belt goes straight on the output shaft, so I do...
6
6

Occupational Lenses
Im toying with the idea of getting these as a reglaze for intermediate (computer) and reading. Any gotchas? Cheers, Jim
51
51

Re: OT: WTF is this all about?
Trial started today ... A TikTok influencer set a trap for a man who was blackmailing her mum with a sex tape, a jury hears. A TikTok influencer set a trap for a man who was blackmailing her mum with...
2
2

OT: UK government emergency warnings
the fuck could possibly be a life threatening emergency in the UK? We don't get tornadoes. Wasn't very effective their test anyway. I was asleep in the next room when it alledgedly sounded a siren...
28
28

Mains LED
I bought a 30W rechargeable work LED there is no doubt its bright if you look into the light, its not that good as a work light - certainly poor compared to an old square florescent tube work light...
10
10

Emergency Alarm
Is there a flurry of excitement..?
65
65

Pouring concrete slab
A, to me. novel approach to making a concrete slab. Is this Recommended ? MOST RECENT DRY POUR LINK HERE⬇️ DRY POUR CONCRETE WALKWAY: 4 Inches Thick WITH Reinforcement. Anyone Can Do It!...
4
4

How to cut a 10" round hole in 5mm mild steel?
I need to replace a porthole on our little boat because the existing one has bad corrosion around it. So I need to enlarge the hole from the existing 8" to about 10". The porthole is simply mounted in...
66
66

Re: In its first 5 days in theatres in 1976, Logan's Run grossed $2.5 million, a substantial sum at the time.
And more importantly Jenny Agutter got her tits out.
19
19

a queston for our northern brethern
In years gone by, before the advent of alarm clocks, factory owners employed 'Knocker uppers' to rap on employees windows to waken them up. My question is, who wakened up the knocker upper?
37
37

cars ta ta
uk signing own death certificate - net zero............ not sure dumbo public realise they are finished yet UK Government to force Car Makers to ration sale of new Petrol, Diesel and Hybrid cars from...
80
80

Flying pi high
Had a bit of a mishap the the other day... Raspberry Pi repair - DIYWiki Raspberry Pi repair - DIYWiki
24
24

Mega D-I-Y.
"A SpaceX engineering manager, said the rocket had suffered a 'rapid unscheduled disassembly' ". Or, in other words, it blew itself to smithereens. I suppose that it's good to look on the bright side,...
47
47

sycmore seeds
Last year saw a very large quantities of sycamore seeds helicopter into our garden. This spring every bed is covered in sycamore seedlings. Even the rain gutters have been invaded. Is this likely to...
10
10

Hedge Trimmer
It hasn't rained for two days in a row now so I need to think about the garden. I have a 6' high fir or fern bush that needs trimming and some low bushy type plants that need keeping under control. A...
14
14