Subject Author Posted Replies

MW N#933P
I Have This Lovely M&W 933p With the Flat Plates I presume For Measuring Paper Thickness Anyone Know if That's Correct.?
8
8

Emulsion-painting mortar rendering - how to stop paint peeling off after a year
Our house is built of bricks which have a mortar rendering that is painted white. That part of the house was built in the late 1990s so it will have a damp proof course. The paint has started to peel...
13
13

Flow restrictor for 15mm pipe
I Have a couple of thermostatic taps where the flow is currently slowed by adjusting the opening position of a service valve. The result is it's noisy. Flow pressure could be used but I would need 4...
15
15

Restoring Faded Plastic
I want to carry out some maintenance to my rainwater goods when the sun comes out. It is all brown plastic, seems in good condition but badly faded. It also has what seems like a bottle cleaning brush...
14
14

10 A fuse for spur off ring main
When we had some building work done a few years ago, an electrician installed some additional mains sockets from a spur that he took off a ring main. I remember him saying that this spur had a 10 A...
31
31

Food Oil for Steel Bearings
After much experimentation with knife sharpening and looking for the easiest way, i have settled on using a diamond steel for knife thinning and then using a small sharpener (called a Chantry) which...
11
11

Solar Panels ensuing that home deivices have priority?
How does one ensure that power from solar panels goes to house hold devices and only any surplus goes out to the grid? Wether or not there is abattery.
2
2

Gavanising
Is it feasible to galvanise small items in a home workshop? Bill
22
22

El Cheapo, disposable wired closed-back, around ear headphones recommendation?
I have a half decent noise cancelling Anker Soundcore Q30 at home and it does the job, but I know it's Chinese junk and it will pack up one day. So I leave this at home but I need a solid, disposable,...
1
1

Even greater service
The springs inside the ex MOD Dixon Bate pintle hitch of unknown age fitted to my Land rover failed. I emailed Dixon Bate asking where I could purchase replacements. I received a reply two days later...
12
12

How come the BBC stopped showing the current top stories on the crawler at the bottom of the telly screen?
How come the BBC stopped showing the current top stories on the crawler at the bottom of the telly screen?
2
2

Repair Tefal induction hob
I bought a single hob portable induction cooker a few years ago and didn't get on with the few power settings it offered. Six months ago I took to use it for frying as it was a lot quicker than my...
14
14

Hot-fill toilet cistern . . .
I recently fixed a leaking toilet for a friend (the supply-cistern flexible pipe had loosened) and it's connected to the hot water. This isn't warm-next-to-hot pipe hot - it's a constant supply of 60C...
19
19

Only one EV charger at home?!
"Some products will have the ability to “load share”, which means they will communicate with each if two vehicles are plugged in. In this scenario, they will evenly split the power available so...
826
826

Great service
We see quite a few messages here about poor service, so I thought I'd post one concerning exceptionally good service. Almost 9 years ago I installed a ceiling fan in our new conservatory. The fan was...
10
10