Subject Author Posted Replies

Repair Tefal induction hob
I bought a single hob portable induction cooker a few years ago and didn't get on with the few power settings it offered. Six months ago I took to use it for frying as it was a lot quicker than my...
14
14

Hot-fill toilet cistern . . .
I recently fixed a leaking toilet for a friend (the supply-cistern flexible pipe had loosened) and it's connected to the hot water. This isn't warm-next-to-hot pipe hot - it's a constant supply of 60C...
19
19

Only one EV charger at home?!
"Some products will have the ability to “load share”, which means they will communicate with each if two vehicles are plugged in. In this scenario, they will evenly split the power available so...
826
826

Great service
We see quite a few messages here about poor service, so I thought I'd post one concerning exceptionally good service. Almost 9 years ago I installed a ceiling fan in our new conservatory. The fan was...
10
10

Bell-push rating
The mud room which houses the rear door bell is being replaced, and as the old bell-push was intermittent, I decided to fix it. Success, cleaned and tested and ready for use. But then I got thinking:...
27
27

OT: monitor size
I remember 14 inch monitors, they were big enough IMO but as things grew you ended up with bigger and bigger ones. I've had 24 inch monitors for a few years now and have considered that they were...
39
39

Reseating / sealing a tyre
Hi all I have an old trailer I need to get rid of. Trouble is that the tyre has come away from the wheel and I can't get it sealed enough to hold any air. I have seen a trick of using a rachet strap...
29
29

Combi boiler DHW issue
Our boiler is one end of our bungalow, which means a good 10m run to the bathroom bath/sink taps. Of late, when these have been running, the boiler seems to cycle between pumping out water at max...
1
1

Alternative ways of fitting windows to a boat
We have a little steel diesel powered boat (in France, but that's not relevant really). It's getting on for 50 years old, we've owned it for a bit more than 10 years. The windows and their mounts are...
9
9

Noisy powered speaker
I have a Vava Voom portable speaker, no longer available, not even on the manufacturer website any more <>It used to sound very good providing you didn't use any of the "enhanced" modes, remarkably...
30
30

TOT cheaper gas?
Bypass meter bar Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for AY McDonald 6410-FFD 1x1x3/4 Bypass Meter Bar Qty: 1 (BRAND NEW) at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for...
2
2

Lithium batteries, not worth it
Are you greenies nuts? 3 grand for a battery with the same capacity of two deep cycle lead acid batteries costing £150? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385430139122Nearly...
268
268

Better to have a real smart meter or dumb smart meter?
I've had another communication from our current electricity supplier (EDF) saying that they are legally obliged to change our meters are they are at the end of their lifespan. This may well be true as...
86
86

Looking for leak stop spray that works on damp surfaces
As per the subject I'm looking for a leak stop spray (i.e. in an aerosol) that can be used when the leaking area is still wet/damp. I'm sure I've seen such a thing but now I can't find it, can anyone...
8
8

VMS Hobby Licence to morph into Community Licence
and it runs on Intel chips now (but I always thought this was never possible because the x86 architecture lacked a vital lock instruction needed for clustering ???).
11
11