Subject Author Posted Replies

Firefox oddity..
I usually have a number of tabs open for different sites in Firefox. The left most one is usually the one for a certain car forum I visit frequently. Firefox indicates on each tab, an icon and some...
8
8

"SPAX" decking screws - headsup
Fitted a load of decking July 2015. I used the cleverly designed SPAX screws which are threaded, blank and threaded, with the upper thread going into the decking board while the lower one tightens...

OT: Westminster bridge pictures
The coroner has criticised people who took photographs of the carnage and posted them on the internet. Why? Surely we are entitled to see pictures that show the true horror of the attack. Could it be...
38
38

OT: May's rotten speech
Had to turn off after about 2 minutes. Thought I was going to puke. Can't they find a *proper* leader FFS? This bitch is trying to be all things to all people and that ain't possible; it just can't be...
20
20

Fix wireless HP print/scan power save fault.
Anyone with one of these printer/scanners which get infrequent use will probably have experienced the situation where it drops into "power save" mode, which appears to be an HP synonym for "off". No...
8
8

Sat nav day/night screens ..
Anyone know what they work by ?
20
20

OT: recommendations for wireless PC headset (with microphone)
Having had such a useful response to my recent question about keyboards (it's arriving tomorrow) I thought I'd try asking about headsets for conference and skype calls. I need a wireless...
4
4

Looking forward to these customers
Never met them but they just phoned me up to ask if I preferred tea or coffee.
38
38

The stone river bridge Oxford
They often show the view of the multi-arch bridge, as seen from the river, in various TV series and even old films. What I notice is that one of the arches seems to have serious dip in the middle, as...
18
18

Bathroom extract through hanging tiles
These are of the concrete plain tile variety. I could route through the roof (different and larger tile) but would prefer through the hanging tiles for reasons of access and fitting more than anything...
6
6

Angle grinder guard
Just bought a 9" Makita which I want to use for slabs as well as cutting ou t concrete. The instructions say for cutting discs I need a different guard to protect from sparks. Do I? It's another £25...
3
3

Digital scales
As part of my crusade to clear some of my old junk from the house, I have been using Freecycle and ebay. For the latter I have been having to weigh things to post, so I dug out my old Aldi digital...
62
62

Computer (OT)
I have a Dell Laptop with a Hard Drive of 283 GB I am toying with going for a Solid State Drive and have been looking at 500GB I realise though that I am only using 125GB but old advice was to keep to...
23
23

Pin hole in copper pipe.
I spent a fair few hours over the weekend tracing and fixing a small, but annoying, leak (cold mains water supply to the bathroom upstairs via the ceiling void). The cause turned out to be a very...
21
21

Trailer lights.
Brother - who lives at the other end of the country - has a BMW E46 330t which was pro fitted with a tow bar when he bought it some 8 years ago. Cost an arm and leg. The car lights still work as they...
28
28