Subject Author Posted Replies

Hob and oven switch(es)
Currently our hob is on a cooker switch on 4mm cable, and the oven is on the other side of the room on a 13A plug (although rated at 16A). The oven is moving nearer the hob, and i'm going to get a 13A...
3
3

3mm head diameter screw?
Google for dowel screws Example have a hex or square centre section so they can be tightened using a spanner....
6
6

rewind
Try google translation, then you'll understand how it is 'double....'.
27
27

Combi boilers, electric showers etc. revisited
This has been somewhat covered in a couple of recent threads but they are long so I'm trying to pick up on a few points. (1) The maximum power output of a UK electric shower is around 10 kW. The...
6
6

Darned clever thiese smart phones you know.
We rent a small room in a sheltered accommodation block owned by our council for the Talking Newspaper. We are told to never let anyone into the building. However this bloke rolls up a couple of...
13
13

New boiler in a council house
The gf's boiler was condemned when it was serviced. First of all the asbestos test "needs" to be done. Council "We need to have an asbestos test done" Gf "Why?" Council "In case there is any asbestos"...
12
12

Freezer alarm
Time to own up, I didn't quite close the freezer door fully - So I am looking for a freezer alarm. Something which will make a noise if the temperature in the freezer rises above say -10C. All I can...
8
8

15mm double check valve
Can someone explain the purpose of the screw in the body?
4
4

Converting from electromagnetic to electronic ballast in fluorescent light
I'm considering replacing the ballast with an electronic one in a 6 ft 70W fitting but wondering what sort of interconnecting wire to use if the lengths of the existing wiring isn't sufficient. I...
9
9

Date the CU
Would the team like to guess the date of the Wylex CU with 100 mA RCD main switch don't have an answer but would be interested in opinions Thanks Owain File:WylexCU-100mA Main Switch.jpg - DIYWiki
7
7

Artex
Hi, This is really a continuation of the plasterbord ceiling question. I am about to redecorate a room and the artex ceiling is suffering from splitting along the perimeter of the plasterboard panels....
10
10

TOT: currency in an independent country
Seems the SNP wants another independence referendum and is looking at introducing a separate currency. They are to discuss this at their conference. What would happen in practice? I understand the...
42
42

OT: this is rather good
Streaming 320 kbps - Hifi Internet Radio - Realtime Encoding SACD 192 kHz > 320 kbps Broadcasting 24/7 - Connecting - Aurender - Bluesound - Sonos - Roon
5
5

OT: French cows dying from EMR
From the DT today - "A group of French cattle farmers is suing the state over the mysterious death of hundreds of cows, which they believe are the victims of harmful electromagnetic fields. Local vets...
28
28

Aldi track saw - Anyone got one?
Having decided that I can improve upon my rather crude circular saw and homemade guide I've started looking at track/plunge saws. By coincidence I received an email from Aldi today which included...
6
6