OT: Every cloud...

...Glastonbury has been, and the Eurovision song contest may be, cancelled.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm just waiting for all these over 50s "no medical necessary" funeral and money only when you die adverts to stop.

Reply to
alan_m

You can expect them to continue. I've had two cold junk calls in two days. One 'you are eligible for a government grant' and the other 'about the accident you had' And two text messages advising my that I should 'log in in to 3 Mobile as my bill cant be processed'. Link thoughtfully provided that goes no where near 3 mobiles website...

Despite being ex directory and on the no spam please register

- "A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've just had a call from "Amazon " about my Prime account - I don't have one

Reply to
charles

I've been getting a flood of calls over the past few days.

When you pick up, it's often silent. Otherwise, it's someone saying that it's about the loft insulation 'you had fitted with a government grant'. Then there's silence. Then he goes on to say that it causes condensation...then one of us cuts it off.

I've had about 30 of these. I think they are all automated and that I've never got a real person yet.

Caller ID is mostly different but only differs by one digit. Then they shift to another range. It's clearly faked.

Here are some of the most prevalent ones; this is the starter for ten! (I have blocked them all):

01223625040 01223625050 01226610480 01227250390 01227250430
Reply to
Bob Eager

Plus Eastenders, and QT will have a virtual audience ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Just gets better

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm hoping the climate change conference in Glasgow gets moved to China/Iran/Italy.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

The limpbics is continuing with the pretence it'll be sorted by July

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes the Eurovision is cancelled and the soaps have stopped filming yippee!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

no fitba...wooo whooo

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I hope they cancel these cookery programs.

Reply to
harry

but I do not consider that dancing crap.

Reply to
ARW

Last nights QT did not seem to have an audience either.

Will CV finally finish off Casualty and Holby whatever ?.

Reply to
Andrew