Angle Grinder Latest

OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

Reply to
Rod

It proves you cannot hope to win in 2010 with a song that would have sounded naff in the mid-1980s.

The top 3 songs were all brilliant - none of them sounded anything like a "Eurovision song". And the flash dancing all across Europe was inspirational.

It was unlike any Eurovision event I have ever seen, and far better than any before it.

Reply to
Bruce

Eh?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

.....I'm beginning to wonder about you a little more....you on the happy pills or something?

JimK

Reply to
JimK

View the second to last row of pictures. Sorry - couldn't find a video of it.

(Should have phrased that as 'to *try* to win' - because neither they nor we did actually win.)

Reply to
Rod

I understand we came last (again). Excellent! Let's hope that our position in this piece of TV tat is maintained.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , Tim Streater writes

Although it was touch and go right up to the last minute

Reply to
geoff

That sounds a rather sordid practice .....

Reply to
Steve Walker

In message , Bruce writes

Didn't watch it - I just turned over for the scoring

... with google earth on the computer , to see who voted for their neighbours

Reply to
geoff

I didn't even do that. It's not the same without Wogan and his cynical comments. [Remember "Dr Death and the Tooth Fairy"?]

Reply to
Roger Mills

Dunno - Graham Norton was tying his best, perhaps he wasn't pissed enough, but I kept on thinking "why don't you shut the f*ck up, unless you have something interesting to say"

Reply to
geoff

Tautology that, isn't it, on the ESC?

Reply to