Angle grinder lost flat wrench tool. How to unlock?

I have a 4" angle grinder that came with a 1/8" open end wrench to unlock the cutting disk. The regular open end wrench is too thick (1/4") to fit to my angle grinder. Any ideas what other tool I could use to unlock it? Any ideas? thanks.

Reply to
lbbss

Buy a cheap open end wrench and grind it down to fit.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Tappet wrench. If that doesn't work, grind it down on your bench grinder. (I would say an angle grinder would work in a pinch, BUT...)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

take the grinder and grind the wrench down to fit.

Steve Barker

And then tape the wrench to the power cord.

Reply to
metspitzer

What brand grinder is it? Does the grinder have a spindle lock?

If so, you can do what I do.......activate the spindle lock & then grab the grinding or sanding disc to loosen or tighten. I seldom, if ever, use the wrench.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Go to a bicycle store. Or grind a cheap wrench, or cut a slot in a piece of

1/8" stock.
Reply to
Buerste

Use your angle grinder to make a new wrench from a piece of 1/8" steel bar.

Or buy a cheap open-end wrench and grind it thinner.

Note: do this with the power OFF.

Reply to
Doug Miller

thank you all, will try grinding a cheap wrench.

Reply to
lbbss

A couple decades ago, I had a set of "bicycle wrenches" that might be some what similar.

Similar to this:

Stormin Mormon

Go to the Borg and buy a replacement. About $4. Ouch.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

On 2/16/2009 7:09 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

AKA "cone wrenches" (so-called because used for turning bearing cones). Probably a little too light-duty, and they come in weird sizes.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl