Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for a pipe fitting
I have a problem with the waste pipe from my shower. It runs under the floor and is inaccessible. I need a 90 degree bend to come from the waste pipe up out of the floor. The pipe is white PVC type....
12
12

walking washing machine
Right the new washing machine is now up and running, at long last, and its walking! The kitchen floor is plane wooden floor boards as its above my cellar, at some stage soon a slate floor is going to...
10
10

Basic electrical question
I'm installing a kitchen in a couple of weeks time and have a question. I have to move my heater/water controller from one wall to another it has 8 wires. As I'm going to need more wire to move the...
32
32

New build house - garden waterlogging
Hi all, Apologies for the X-post but the d.i.y guys always seem to know what's going on with regard to 'building' regs but the real domain of the question is my 'garden'. Basically, I've bought a new...
27
27

Steel gas pipework and new copper pipework
I may have to connect some new copper pipework to older steel (I think) threaded pipes. Not having dealt with this old type of pipework before, is this an easy thing to do? I'm hoping that it might be...
5
5

Re: Moisture in windows
Harry Bloomfield retched Moisture in windows onto my recliner: Then remove Harry Bloomfield. It's for the good of the group.

Workbench adapts to circular saw & routers
Hi All Just seen a Wolfcraft 1000 which claims to be able to turn a circular saw into a table saw and likewise can fit a router as well. Anybody tried one of these as a router/circ saw table combo? Is...
6
6

Bay window roof
After double-gazing it, my bay window roof has started to leak. Installers have been round and suggested that the roof failed some time ago and the water has just been percolating down through the...
7
7

Help with Kenmore washing machine not spinning
I would love some help with my washing machine. It is a Kenmore portable, bought about 5 years ago. Not sure the model number. It was bougt in Canada from Sears, top-loading, small sized. Has three...
2
2

Carronite Baths - opinions?
Hi all as the next step in my Bathroom re-fit I'm looking at baths, and am wondering about the choice between arylic and steel. I have a mild preference for 'modern' steel types, for stability, wear...
22
22

paint thinner + perspex
Hi, At a local community centre I need to clean paint from perspex windows but despite going to several diy shops I can't find anything which will not eat into the plastic. Does anyone have any ideas...
13
13

Radiator sizing
I have a cold conservatory that I want to heat - how should I work out the best size of radiator to use? The kitchen opens directly onto the conservatory and neither have any direct heating in them...
3
3

makita saw
I've got a Makita 5903 circular saw with a 235mm (9.24") blade and I'd like to mount it upside down to convert it to a table saw. Is there anything available which will enable me to do this or, if I...
7
7

flies lurking in window frames
Since we installed UPVC double glazing a couple of years ago, we've been troubled by flies -- presumably of the house variety -- attempting to hybernate in the grooves* of south-facing windows --...
3
3

DIY bench grinder - spindle needed
I've got the connections figured on an old 1/8hp, 1,435 rpm tumble dryer motor, and I can source a suitable grinding wheel from Axminster. But pls can anyone suggest a source of a suitable spindle...
10
10