Subject Author Posted Replies

Tap seal thingy
Under taps there's a wafer like seal thing that stops water from leaking under the sink/bath. They're useless - just rot away. I've no idea what their "official" name is nor can I find them anywhere....
3
3

Supplier of Ideal Classic SE RS flue pack B1
I need to buy a flue pack B1 for an Ideal Classic SE 15RS boiler. There are 3 balanced flue packs available depending on the thickness of the wall - however, I can only appear to find suppliers who...
6
6

Hutton : Great report
You still think the wicked witch is on the throne. It is 2004 now.
19
19

Re: A moderated group!
Effected Butterfly retched A moderated group! onto my recliner:
27
27

Uneven Floor
Our upstairs hall floor is uneven - a mixture of floorboards running across it which have been cut and lifted and some patching with chipboard flooring. We want to carpet this area with underlay and I...
5
5

Grout removal
Hi Whats the best way to remove old grout? I dont want to remove the tiles, just need to regrout. Thanks, NT
10
10

Black Polythene Wtd
Anyone know wher you can buy black polythene or similar -like is used for black bin bags . I want it for a photographic background o it needs to be big . thx Stuart
2
2

Fitted wardrobe companies - recommendations
I am looking to have fitted wardrobes in my new London flat right across one end of the bedroom. I would like the front of the wardrobes to be completely mirrored so that this very small room will...

rooflights wanted
I'm looking for some rooflights (non-ventilating/opening) for a single storey clay tiled extension. Velux etc. appear only to do opening roofwindows. Anyone know of a cheap supplier in the UK - or...

Full bore 22mm flexible hoses
All the 22mm flexible connecting hoses for baths and WHBs, I have seen, restrict the water pathway to 15mm or less. Has anyone sourced full bore 22mm or 15mm flexible hoses? Regards Capitol
8
8

Diverter Valves
Following on from my other post, If my diverter valve plunger is not moving out enough, when the hot tap is run, to operate the flow switch, do I need a new value? Could this be a symptom of some...
2
2

Ceramic tiling college courses
Do they exist or is tiling considered so easy that courses are not necessary? I can't find any locally but some of the tiling I've seen over the years would suggest that they are needed! Si
5
5

coving joints
Redecorating and am about to put up plaster coving (127mm)... When I done it before I've been fairly successful at hiding the joints between lengths just by butt joining the lengths, aligning as best...
3
3

FAQ: Want to ask a DIY question? Here's how.
Welcome to UK.D-I-Y, the newsgroup for new and experienced Do-It-Yourself enthusiasts in the United Kingdom. If you want help, or just want to find out more about a problem before calling in 'the...

Suggested drill size to put 15mm pipe through wall.
I need to put a 15mm central heating pipe through a brick wall - what drill size should I purchase? I'm thinking 20mm - though I don't want the hole to be too big! Should I seal the hole, or just let...
8
8