Supplier of Ideal Classic SE RS flue pack B1

I need to buy a flue pack B1 for an Ideal Classic SE 15RS boiler. There are

3 balanced flue packs available depending on the thickness of the wall - however, I can only appear to find suppliers who can provide the "Standard Flue Pack B".

Ideal list the following flue packs in their manual:

Pack B - balanced flue terminal suitable for wall thicknesses from 9" (23cm) to 12" (30cm) Pack B1 - balanced flue terminal suitable for wall thicknesses from 12 1/2" (32cm) to 15 1/2" (39cm) Pack C - balanced flue terminal suitable for wall thicknesses from 4 1/4" (12cm) to 7 1/2" (19cm)

I need Pack B1 as I have a 13" wall but so far I've not found a supplier who can supply it (though I can find ones who can supply the boiler).

How many houses have a between 9" and 12" wall? Doesn't allow much of a cavity or plaster/render on the wall. I'm sure there must be one somewhere!

Its a bit of a long shot - but does anyone know of a company who can supply this? PlumbWorld can't. :(

Thanks

David

Reply to
David Hearn

I had an issue like this but for a different reason. I wanted to fit the boiler into a kitchen cupboard, which was fine except that the boiler was about 8mm too deep to provide the requisite clearance to the door. The simple solution was to remove the plasterboard in the area where the boiler fits.

If you are down to a few mm, then this might be viable.

More likely can't be bothered. If these parts exist then they should be orderable. I would try other places like Plumbcenter and Travis Perkins, even Discounted Heating. While you are at it see if you can drive the price down a bit.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Phone them to make sure. They totally changed their listing of Worcester-Bosch flues when I pointed out they were stocking the wrong parts. Given the excellent response they gave to me over the phone, I wouldn't be surprised if they could get hold of it for you. Obviously, mileage may vary.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Well, I emailed Discounted Heating and got a reply from 'someone'@centers.co.uk labelled HPRC. Centers.co.uk is the parent of Plumb Center and HRPC. Didn't know they were related. Anyway, they claim they can get it with 10-14 days delay for £85 + VAT + Delivery. Seeing as the standard one is £40 - £45 inc VAT from most places it seems a little steep for what is really just another 2" of flue....

Hopefully other places may be able to get it quicker, and possibly with a little more reasonable price.

Thanks

David

Reply to
David Hearn

All of the Centers organisations are part of Wolseley Centers.

If you are doing a lot of work then it is worth getting an account with the group. Then you can squeeze them for better prices.

Never accept the quoted price. You should be able to get a minimum of

20% on most things.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well, I've now had an email from Inspired Heating Solutions

saying they have now updated their online catalogue to include all the various flue packs for this boiler, and all the prices are the same for the various ones and are £44 including VAT and delivery.

Incidentally, they are also the cheapest supplier for the boiler too I've found. :)

Guess who I'll be going with. :)

Thanks

David

Reply to
David Hearn

There you go.

If they are advertising those prices, still ask if they can do better when you place the order.

The worst that can happen is that they say no and then you haven't lost anything.