Subject Author Posted Replies

Where can I buy a proper study chair?
Where can I buy a proper chair for sitting in at a desk and reading? I can't stand those soft leather office workers'/managers' chairs, or chairs of any kind that swivel, have tilting backs, or go up...
5
5

Moderated DIY group
So has a moderated version of this group been set up? If so can someone point me in the right direction?
1
1

Simple problem with basin waste (I hope)
We fitted a new waste to the bathroom basin. It is a waste with a slotted overflow ()just below the plug hole. When water is run down the plug hole, some passes through the slot and then seeps between...
2
2

Which combi for house with 2 showers...
Which combi boiler will provide for simoultaneous running of central heating, 2 HOT showers and a good pressure (or flow-rate or whatever), dishwasher (cold feed) and washing machine (hot and cold...
43
43

Door entry systems
I'm trying to source a remote door entry system for a "retirement" flat. I think the first question is: "Are these systems physically secure ? - can they be "kicked" open, are they only suitable for...
3
3

Ornate lintel supplier
I have a 1900s typical terrace which we are altering internally. Building Control was out this morning checking everything done so far and we got to talk about punching a new window opening in the 9"...
2
2

Halogen track lights - problem.
Put up two sets of these a couple of years ago. One set is now behaving oddly. They're both operated from the same switch, but I'm not exactly sure how they're wired together, I didn't do that bit....
19
19

Plumbing Radiator left or right or does it matter?
I had an extension built about two years ago. The plumber put the heating flow pipe to the left hand side of both radiators. There are normal myson rad valves on each side. If I have both valves open...
4
4

WTD: MCB Hager type 2 M 3
Hi I'm after what appears to be a discontinued MCB The MCB is rated at 32 amp and is a Hager type 2 M 3 I've tried my local wholesalers with no luck If anyone knows of one, even 2nd hand, you would...
8
8

"Simple" lighting question!
I hate to have to ask this as I'm sure the answer is very obvious but unfortunately I appear to have forgotten all the lessons from school on basic electrical circuits (my teachers would be proud). I...
5
5

Tightening Essex Flange
Hello All, Does anyone know where I can buy a 1 7/8" box spanner? I've recently purchased an Essex Flange for my hot water tank. I've drilled the hole, fitted the flange (using soft wire supplied). My...

Baxi 105e Intstant - Autobleed valve Open all the time?
I have a Baxi 105e Instant combi. The heating is an underfloor system run from this boiler. The pressure on the boiler seems to have dropped to below 1/2 bar. It has done this twice before, which led...
2
2

3-way dimming
I would like three way dimming control of some bedroom lights, ie. a 2G2W dimmer by the door and another on each side of the bed. I know I could do this with normal switches ie, two 2G2W switches and...
11
11

SLATE TILE GROUTING
One method i've been told to grout slate tiles is to use an cake icing bag, although i've also heard this can be very messy. I would be grateful for some ideas on the best way to grout them without...
7
7

MFI Bar-Stewards!!!!
Our kitchen was due for delivery tomorrow. MFI decide to phone us up today and tell us that the splashback is not in stock so they've changed the delivery date by adding 3 weeks to it - kitchen was...
20
20