WTD: MCB Hager type 2 M 3

Hi

I'm after what appears to be a discontinued MCB The MCB is rated at 32 amp and is a Hager type 2 M 3

I've tried my local wholesalers with no luck

If anyone knows of one, even 2nd hand, you would save me a lot of hassle

-- Regards

Hays

T610 Housings in stock now!!

hays

That's because you can't get Type 2 MCB's. You want a type B. Cat ref. MT132 ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

Thanks for helping All of the wholesellers reckoned it was discontinued The item is 15years old One compared it with a new version and said it wouldn't fit ??????????

It DEFINATELY says type 2, I appreciate the current ones say b or c

I would appreciate any further assistance I have also emailed

T610 Housings in stock now!!

hays

The point is that they don't make type 2s, because they have been replaced by type Bs. You can put a type B in place of the type 2 with no problems at all....in fact, it's usually 'better'.

Reply to
Bob Eager

If you're struggling post it to me and I'll get you an equivalent for cost to me plus postage back to you. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

Thanks for all the help I emailed Hager and got this reply

The 32A type 2 M3 MCB has been obsolete for nearly 10 years, the only device that will fir in your consumer unit is a cartridge fuse and carrier to BS1361, the part number for the 30A item is L118 price £3.50 trade

City Electrical also checked and said the same. I bought one today. I fitted the fuse carrier to the immersion circuit (as this is never used) and the MCB from the immersion to the downstairs ring (both 32A)

I take it you mean that there is a different make MCB that would of been compatible? I amazed that 3 local wholesellers didn't help more. Obviously I would of preferred to fit a MCB to a fuse carrier I thought these things were universal !!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Hays

T610 Housings in stock now!!

hays

My, granny, what a big immersion heater you have ;-) 32A is an unusually high rating for an immersion radial - I'd've expected a 15A or 20A for the usual 3kW heater with 2.5mmsq cable... but maybe you have a heftier cable feeding a twin-element arrangement?

What's standardised is the DIN rail they clip onto. There's variation, though, in the arrangement for the live busbar which feeds them. Some manufacturers (Wylex, concretely; and I think MEM) seem to keep the same design in place for agesnagesnages; others (and the usually saintly MK fall more into this group, as I hear) change their designs more often, making 'pop in another MCB' more than 5 years down the line a bit more of a lottery.

HTH - Stefek

Reply to
stefek.zaba

Can't see why they said that, an HRC unit fits in the same CU's as the MCB's, I'd get yourself a Hager MT132 if you really want to use an MCB. And the wholesalers aren't actually allowed to give out advice about the applications of electrical equipment, usually a company policy or such like, so they were probably agreeing with Hager to err on the side of caution. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

It just so happens I've got one of those MCB's, I found it whilst looking for some other bits to builds a control panel! I can definitely assure you 100% a standard, new MCB will work as mentioned before. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch