Which MCB type?

Hi,

Just ordering a MCB for my smoke detector circuit. Do I go for type B or C? What is the difference? must be something obvious...

TIA Colin

Reply to
Colin

Are there any manufacturer's marks on the alarms?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Well, there's a thing... It is made by Dicon. I searched on the Web for Dicon. Phoned them up and hey-presto, they sell a heat alarm. I can even buy direct (which appears to be £1.50 cheaper than advertised elsewhere on the web).

Thanks again for your help... now where did I put that chip pan?

Colin

Reply to
Colin

The difference is how quickly they will trip in overload. For most situations type B is fine. Type C (or D) is generally only used for inductive loads.

Reply to
Mark Evans