MCB types..

Hi,

I'm wanting to replace an (unused) 45A MCB with a new 6A one for a new circuit..

Are there different sorts of MCBs? And what are they. (Just talking standard domestic installation here)

My current 'guess' is that there's:

1) Two sorts - mini ones that fit into something looking like an old- style fuse holder, and 'ordinary' ones.

2) Various current ratings, obviously.

3) Various switching curves. 'Type A,B,C' etc. I want type B for a 'normal' house fuse? (What do the curves mean?)

Anything else? Are they all the same overall size, or do I need to buy one that matches the consumer unit.

Reply to
AJB

Type B are the usual for domestic, but if its for lighting, type C is much better, dosent nuisance trip the way Bs sometimes do.

NT

Reply to
meow2222