Steel toilet soil pipes

I want toange the position of my toilet, and I have noticed that the soil pipe that it feeds into is a steel 90 degree bend from horizontal.

I didn't want to get into pulling up floor boards just yet, so I thought I would ask the experts here!

Is the 90 degree bend likely to be easy to remove, i.e. by some bolts or is it likely to be just a preformed end that feeds into the main soil stack approx 2 metres away?

Are there any websites that talk about the variants of soil pipes available, so that I can reserach this "interesting" subject?!

Reply to
Quigs

Cast iron, unless you have soemthing very funny (if it were steel I'd expect it to be a heap of rust by now)

Do you mean it goes down, or sideways?

NO! I've tried to get cast iron pipe apart at the joints and failed miserably. Maybe Arnie could do it ;-)

i.e. by some bolts

Possibly the easiest way to re-do a length of it would be to cut into a straight section and join on plastic pipe - with a bit of luck a plastic socket fitting should just push-fit over the iron pipe, but if not you can get fittings which are like a short section of thick rubber tube with jubilee clips which are used to fit it onto iron pipe one end, plastic on the other. (Can't remember offhand what they're called.)

pass :-)

-- John Stumbles

-+ Load dropped, paperwork completed: job done.

Reply to
John Stumbles