connecting kitchen waste to soil pipe

I'm in the process of moving the kitchen to a different room. The room where the kitchen will go is an extension so there is a 12" wall between the kitchen and the bathroom where I want to connect the sink waste to. The toilet cistern and pan connector were all boxed in and tiled over, and I've just removed that and have discovered that the job isn't as simple as it first looked!

The toilet pan is connected via a pan connector to a 90 degree plastic bend, then that goes into the concrete floor (This is a 15" thick solid concrete suspended floor, ie there's a room underneath). The soil pipe must then bend through 90 degrees and connect up to the cast iron soil stack a couple of feet away, but the connection is concealed in the concrete floor.

If I were to connect the kitchen waste directly to the soil stack, that would involve me cutting a hole in the concrete floor then making some nasty boxed-in connection in the room below, which I don't particularly like the idea of, not to mention it's a pain connecting to a CI stack.

Do I have any options for connecting the kitchen waste directly to the

90 degree bend at the back of the toilet? I know there are regulations about how far the connections need to be from a toilet. How about if I were to replace the 90 degree bend at the back of the toilet with a tee and connect the kitchen waste to a fitting connected to the top of the tee? Would there be any problems with this?

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received. Thanks, Dave.

Reply to
Bodgit

Could you connext a sub-stack with AAV to the tee ? I think you might need the AAV to prevent siphonage.

Reply to
DJC

What exactly do you mean by a sub-stack? AAV sounds good. I can do that!

Reply to
Bodgit

vertical section of soil pipe, waste pipes then connect into this so above the level of he wc. top of sub stack needs to be higher than basin/sink to prevent nasty things escaping in event of blockage. sub-stack + AVV prevents siphonage.

see page 8 of <

DJC