O/T: Ebay DIY "business"

No - can you post an ebay ref number (or two?)

David

Reply to
Lobster

Has anyone seen the businesses offered on ebay whereby you can make your living by offering a service where you simply drill two holes?

Whilst I don't believe it for a minute, I'm curious as to what sort of service is on offer.

My thoughts are either smoke alarms or gas detectors..has anyone any idea?

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

Goal post erector?

Reply to
Richard Conway

Reply to
flash

Please send £2.99 to my Paypal account for a full description of the product. :-)))

Reply to
Sid

Trepanning.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Here's an expired one: 5665387743 but there have been loads on ebay over the past year or so offered by various different people.

Just curious to find out what it's about but I'm too tight to waste four quid!

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

At £1:99 why don't you buy the e book then you can tell us all :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I was hoping someone had already bought it and would tell me!

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

Ok, I've just bought one.

What you get is an .exe. I haven't run it yet - I need to fire up the non-networked crappy old test machine to run it on.

Will post back shortly.

Reply to
Grunff

I can't wait, this time next year we'll all be millionaires...

Just be carefull with that .exe

Reply to
Andy MCR

LOL! I suppose it's a service that not many people offer..

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

Ok, all done. The exe seems fairly safe - a proprietary e-book format. (I still wouldn't let it near one of the networked machines!)

The business? Supply and installation of carbon monoxide detectors.

Reply to
Grunff

We're all going to be Riiiiiich!

Reply to
Steve Walker

classic. probably worth a punt in the local press - run an ad for a month see what the response rate is. run off 1000 A6 leaflets and go leafleting

... hmmmmm....

/corners market in CO detectors ... retires/

Reply to
.

It's a con! My CO detector is held up by THREE screws, not two!

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

Yes, but that's because you got the deluxe one///

Reply to
Andy Hall

Maybe that is the secret - 1 less screw per CO detector and you'll save a fortune in fixings over the competition :)

Reply to
Richard Conway

I see!

Presumably you save 'em up and sell 'em on ebay?!

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

nah, just the e-book instructions on how to save 33% in costs :-)

Reply to
.