Subject Author Posted Replies

CCTV advice please.
Following some escalation in attempted or successful break-ins in our village, we wish to install some cctv. To begin with I think that 2 wireless cameras with the facility to record to a router usb...
32
32

Relamping with LED
I have a ceiling fitting with G9 bulbs - Halogen 40 watt. The heat and a bit of arcing has damaged a lampholder and I can't work out how to replace it. Ideally I would like to go with LED - but...
5
5

OT: People wearing facemasks while travelling in a car !
Noticed a car passing, while I was on foot to Sainsburys this PM, where the driver and front seat passenger were both wearing facemasks. Have they not RTFM and realised that the car will have a...
33
33

Re: ma help ma bob
Don't panic. the whole idea of delaying it is to allow the medics time to not be swamped as far as I can see. Most people come through it OK even those with poor immune systems as the tissue anti...
10
10

Outdoor paint for wood - cream -recommendations please
I'm looking for some light coloured paint, preferably cream or near offer - for painting some wood. Our newly constructed fence. Nearly all the colours seem to be dark or pastel blue/green. Screwfix...
1
1

OT: Outlook and mail host / server questions.
Hi, I want to backup an outlook 2016 email account (emails) and believe I have done so correctly. 1) Sync (to get everything up to date) 2) Export mailbox to .pst, selecting the account root and...

Making wooden wheel for 1907 car
Hello! Lately I have watched EngelsCoachShop making wagon wheels and related woodwork. Sharing youtube link, if anybody else finds this kind stuff interesting. Subject video on Jaan
5
5

Temporary shower
Fairly often we get power cuts and my shower is pumped, using hot water from the hot water cylinder. I would like to use one of these adapter showers that go over the bath taps. I've had reasonable...
10
10

Solvent Based wood preserver
I am going to be installing quite a lot of 1/2 round flog roll garden edging. It comes pressure treated .... but want to give it some more help. Thinking of dipping each roll for an hour in a solvent...
2
2

Adding wireless Boiler stat
Been getting on with work on my parents hose which they persuaded me to buy. Heating system is standard single zone rads to a Baxi 105HE Condensing Combi boiler. Checking out its all working - found...
31
31

Curtains
What kind of curtain rail and opener? The window hole is 2.5 meters wide: if i had curtains which fully covered it I would be warmer. They are behind my desk so opening by a string or similar would be...
5
5

cash machines
Coming out of our machines fine.
27
27

Refurb old radiator?
I've removed a rad at work, that's old enough to almost be interesting, It's been painted and painted again, badly, I wouldn't mind stripping it and reusing it. Can I DIY the paint off it, or is it...
7
7

Look on the bright side ...
You won't be seeing any more freemason handshakes for a while .....
2
2

resistor packs
I take it car blower resistor packs are cooled by the airflow of the fan they are controlling....?
1
1