Subject Author Posted Replies

Geberit 360 Fill Valve in toilet
Slight hiss - took out diaphragm and cleaned it and the seating. Still passing a bit of water. Anything else worth trying. Could the float be sticking a bit? Should I replace it. Not my house - need...
2
2

OT: Meat eaters licence (update).
On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 14:30:47 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq ... I came across this that joins it all together (the hypothetical concept of a meat eaters...
163
163

Snapped earth behind socket, options?
Long story short, trying to do a better job than the bodge-it kitchen fitter from a few years ago and wondering why I bother. Swapping a back box and socket, the earth in the 2.5 T&E has broken and...
25
25

More car radio hassle
Many thanks to those who put me on the track of I ordered an SMB female to FME male adaptor lead from them, but unfortunately today they wrote back (very courteously) to explain that they have no...
36
36

LED Flood Light Failure
10 W LED flood light has gone remarkably dim. Used it the night before last and it was dim but just about gave enough light to avoid falling over the cars putting the rubbish out. Last night next to...
10
10

Improvised slide hammer 'welded' to dent in car's floor
Being unable to obtain one without pre-ordering locally, I've cobbled up this slide hammer to pull out a ding in the underside of this car I bought. Some clod had missed the jacking point and ended up...
17
17

Plaster, plaster no where to be seen
I have been ringing around to locate some board finish and all you get is a sharp intake of breath before you get a no with one merchant not having seen any since March. Jewson?s have some but the...
13
13

This is why your deliveries get delayed
My gate was open because I was expecting a visitor. A large white van pulled in, the driver gets out, peers round, gets back in, drives off down the street and out of sight. Five minutes later he...
7
7

usb storage device for LG TV.
Still struggling to replace the switching transistor for the aerial input feeds on my Toppy:-( Surface mount in a limited access space.
15
15

OT: DVD/CD drive
I have been trying out various old DVDs to see what they contain, using the optical drive on my PC. Nearly every disc causes problems - either a black screen or not ejecting or not recognised at...
9
9

Repairing a plastic kettle ..
SWMBO has just noticed a weep from our (admittedly cheapie) plastic kettle. Close inspection reveals a hairline crack at radiating from the clear plastic "window" you use for gauging the level. Which...
15
15

connectors for DAB car radio
?dl=0The new radio (Pioneer) had a little gold coloured socket for the DAB aerial, but the existing DAB aerial has a plug that's incompatible. Does anyone know what these connectors are called, and...
38
38

IT(ish) - speed of refund request acceptance on Amazon
I ordered a window stay, and although it initially tracked as in the Royal Mail system waiting for delivery it suddenly showed as delivered in Mastric two days before I had placed the order. I put in...
6
6

1950's LEC fridge failed just now on defrost. Need vintage fridge expert to fix
Our fridge which has been running for many years has failed to work since we last defrosted it. Looking for a vintage fridge expert to help fix it please? Any details of someone who can help greatly...
6
6

Stainless Steel Sink
Any recommended way of smartening up a scatched sink?
19
19