Subject Author Posted Replies

Kitchen drawer puzzle
I need to re-attach the front of a kitchen drawer. The sides of the drawer are made of metal, it seems quite a decent quality item but the front was attached using screws that are too short. It would...
5
5

Ifor wiliam trailer grease
Hi all, I have a small unbraked P6 Ifor Wiliams trailer. Last year before taking it on a long run I had it serviced as a wheel felt sort of gritty when turned by hand. The guy who looked at it...
5
5

B&B/Guest House and covid rules....
We run an opticians and the PPE and cleaning between clients (recommended/demanded by the government and professional bodies) is bordering on mental... But we oblige. So I was surprised when I stayed...
8
8

WANTED: Screened Group C/D Bandpass filters!
Has anyone got any of the two items lurking in their lofts/garages/workshops that I could buy please or know where I can buy them from? all my Freeview channels are in Ch 21 to 48 and all 10 CCTV...

Re: Digigram VX222
Snag with that is the DigiGram is a full height card. Free delivery and returns on eligible orders. Buy StarTech.com PCI Express to PCI Adapter Card - PCIe to PCI Converter Adapter with Low Profile /...

Geberit 360 Toilet Cistern Fill Valve
I have replaced the diaphragm to try to cure a persistent overflow (and hiss). It is still the same. Could it be something sticking a bit as if I ripple the water it stops. I don't want to have to...
3
3

Digigram VX222
This is a quite old balanced in/out pro sound card. Has digital in out too. Was previously working fine under Win7. But is a PCI card. New MB is PCI-Ex only. Got an adpator for not a lot which gives...
14
14

When did the plural form of verbs become obsolete?
Listening to the radio and the TV there has not been a single correct verb in the plural form...
78
78

OT: Beggars at the door?
I've seen street beggars obviously, but this guy was going door to door! In a wheelchair with only two teeth left. And yes I did give him some money.
12
12

these any good? ...
Free delivery and returns on eligible orders. Buy Outdoor Aerial, SLx Digidome For TV Digital Freeview HD 360° Omni Directional Amplified Antenna with Integrated 4G Filter and Full Installation Kit,...
11
11

power goes off
Last two times I have came to the static van the power has been cut....the internal off on switch with rcds is on but the rcd in the external meter box has been tripped.....when we leave the only...
15
15

LED lights in plastic tube - 10 - 20 years ago
Back in the day, when I was still young and handsome and had most of my teeth, the Christmas lights were 240V LED strings inside clear thick plastic tubes. You could even join strings together at the...
2
2

Blow torch servicing
Hi All, I bought a blow torch at the local car boot sale and I can't seem to get it to work. Not sure if it is me, it or combination of both. It looks like it is one of these (a Primus PowerJet 3469)...
5
5

Motor fluid
I have a Grundfos KP150 sump pump that's no longer working. The impeller is very stiff to turn so I've taken it apart to attempt to fix it. Looking at this video, they show some "motor fluid" under...
11
11

Washing machine failure: brushes?
W/m (Bosch Exxcel 1200) failed to turn today. I hoped it was just a failed motor brush but found they were, while well worn, both smooth and free from cracks etc. In the past with brushes which were...
5
5