Subject Author Posted Replies

Google StreetView & Apple LookAround
First a question. What's it called when your dashcam records the reciprocal view of the Google Streetview car as it records you? I guess there should be a word for it. This is what I mean, (I'm in the...

Concrete prefab, base size., Have I mucked he size up?
Asked this over at Cormaic's, but no joy (maybe (much!) laterrrr, but panic on, so here now). This is the slab I've just made with my Aldi concrete mixer). Nominal 6000mm by 5000 mm prefab garage for...
17
17

Cant get the door handles off:(
Got a kitchen fire door quite solid, got a couple of handles like these ones and a latch been working fine except its not now:( Managed to open by turning the handles up and down to get the sod...
8
8

OT=Climate alarm is a bigger threat than climate change says Bjorn Lomborg
competition with Missy Thunberg! As many of us on here have been saying. Bjorn Lomborg says tackling climate change will require far more investment into researching and developing green technology.
23
23

Changing gas mantles without access equipment
Annie Smith had a right long nose She earned her living washing clothes Once, dealing with a knicker tangle, She got her snout caught up int? mangle. ?Stop winding Madge, you gormless mare!? She...
2
2

OT: Poor colour recognition or poor English?
Apologies to Brian, the link is of pictures of golden Labradors. Why do people have a problem identifying basic colours? Search "yellow dog" and you get these images (clearly light brown):
18
18

OT Bloody Yodel again ...
so what is the point of yodel emailing em with options and me ticking the option to leave the parcel in a shed when the go and send me a photo of it sitting on the front door step where it will...
2
2

Old glazed tile fireplaces -making
I just found myself wondering how the old tiled fireplaces were made. Were they made "inside out" by laying tiles in a mould and then filling with concrete? They were obviously made in big numbers at...
2
2

digital ammeter with 'centre zero'.
I'm trying to find a digital voltmeter/ammeter that will read both the charge and the discharge of a battery. The vast majority of the products available will only read current 'in one direction'. I...
21
21

Social non-distancing
The local Hospital Car Park Ticket Machine. It takes: 1. One person wanting to pay but can't understand where to put their ticket. 2. One smart-arse - to come and offer help. 3. Someone to offer to...
44
44

ot for timmy
Sometimes comfort food is the only thing that'll do. Dive into these vegetarian recipes that scream comfort, and rainy days will never look grey again.
30
30

OT: First we drown them, now we burn them alive?
We drown ~6000 cattle when a transport ship sinks: a load more inland: we burned them alive ... easy to get them out, given they were piglets and mums, trapped in individual farrowing crates. At least...
29
29

Dangerous saw
On "Ambulance Code Red" (Channel 5) this week, one of the incidents was a guy who had apparently been trimming guttering with what appeared to be a circular saw blade mounted on an angle grinder....
41
41

OT: Car battery drain current
Gents, Anyone know what the typical quiescent drain current of a car battery is in a modern car? Say if you had a theoretical ammeter in line with the battery, what would it indicate the current...
55
55

Problems accessing NAS
This is a continuation of the Fritzbox story, whereby the Fritzbox has a USB hard drive plugged in, which I can see and access perfectly via my laptop, but not via wife's laptop. Both connected by...
21
21