Subject Author Posted Replies

Problems with Central Heating system.
I de-aired the Central Heating system today, a thing I need to do about once a month. I did so from the towel rail in the bathroom, the highest point in the system. Following a suggestion from someone...
6
6

Filling PVC cracks
Anyone got any experience of using this sort of product to fill small cracks in PVC doors? <>In particular, has anyone used only part of the product and the rest sometime later? There seem to be...
4
4

fekin' amazon prime..
Do you mean the phone calls that ask you to press 1? (I shall have to try it next time; I expect a nice person will come on line as ask me to "confirm" my details.)
20
20

i am looking for wallpaper showing stork like birds in flight on a teal background
I am lookg for wallpaper which is birds on a Teal background, the birds are in flight. http://Stokr.Crane
1
1

OT LAptop Microphone
Having been inc=volved in a few Zoom meetings I realied the mic on my Dell Laptop is not great. (It is under the front edge which may not be the best place.) Looking at add-on options, There are those...
30
30

Room thermostat wiring conundrum
Well it's a coundrum to me. This is a photograph of the wiring of the existing Drayton thermostat: I'd like to replace it with a Myson device, which is wired thus: (Another picture) So what wire goes...
40
40

CH Pump Overrun
My Ideal Logic boiler goes into 'pump overrun' on occasion while the thermostat is calling for heat. It goes into overrun, then purge, when the temperature's reached as part of the normal cycle, but...
23
23

Raise the voting age!
Neuroscientists now claim that the human brain is not fully developed until age 25-30. We should therefore raise the voting age to that level. Military service is different: obedience is valued over...
118
118

First telephone scam of the year!
Amazon calling. Apparently someone called David Johnson has purchased an i-phone for £400 on my account! Martin needs me to go to my computer. When I started asking difficult questions, he passed me...
76
76

Battery Technology.
Lithium-ion batteries changed the world. The next battery technology will change it again. But what will it take to get there?
9
9

Velux Opener
Any bright ideas for an out-of-reach Velux window opener? £20 plus seems a bit steep.
7
7

Laptop - worth increasing RAM?
Acer ES1-521 with 8Gb RAM, AMD A6-6310 CPU, Radeon R4 Graphics1Tb HDD. It seems to have one memory slot occupied, one empty. Running Win10 64bit.
71
71

Annual Temperature Anomaly -- 1850-2019
Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population Growth in 1970, when we were at only 4 billion? Temperature Report for 2019 Berkeley Earth, a Calif-based non-profit research org, has been...
14
14

WTF ?
Finally I'm back home from almost 3 weeks on the road so it's time to get the little GN125 back together so Tool Girl Holley can make it all legal & find a new owner... Andy Mechanic If you'd like to...
9
9

OT Vision question...you guys know everything ...
I have had to wear 1.75 prescription reading glasses for years....in the last few weeks my eyesight has improved for no obvious reason to the point I can read the computer screen without glasses with...
102
102