Yellow electrical crimps on 2.5mm cable.

Yellow crimps are intended for 4-6 mm2 cable but is it acceptable to use them to join 2.5 mm2 cable by twisting back the stripped end to crimp a doubled-up length of cable, or may even overlap the two unbent wires being joined inside the crimp, such that the crimp clamps both cables together. ?.

I seem to have run out of blue crimps.

Reply to
Andrew

How do you think I join a 6mm cable to a 2.5mm cable:-)

Reply to
ARW

OK, I'll bite --- why are you joining such different sizes?

Reply to
Adam Funk

It's very rare I have to. I think the last one was an old cooker circuit that was extended for one leg of a ring.

Reply to
ARW

+1
Reply to
newshound

Fair enough, it didn't sound like common practice. ;-)

Reply to
Adam Funk