Sticking suction pad hooks

Have some suction pad wall hooks for the kitchen. They now will not even now stick on to shiny smooth wall tiles.

I have seen on youtube putting them in boiling water first or smearing with Vaseline to get an air tight seal. Neither worked.

I'm now wondering what the composition is of the liquid that is painted around the rim of car wheels before fitting tubeless tyres.

Reply to
john west

In message <spmpd3$90b$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, john west snipped-for-privacy@mail.invalid writes

The suction pads have probably lost their elasticity. If so, you will simply have to glue them.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

I have no idea, but your problem is a poor fit at the edges of the cups so that air can get in. They are after all only held there by the air pressure difference. In the end these stupid devices, like all suction devices fail and you either end up gluing them or doing eye job properly and ditch the suction hooks completely. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I've got a small clock attached to the tiles over the cooker with a suction pad. I tried to moisten it with water from the tap and it fell off in hours. I used spit and it had stayed on for several years, including the four times a year I have to lever the clock out to change the battery, and the twice a year to change daylight saving time.

So try spit. Or maybe mine is superior. (Also good for removing marks from my tablet screen.)

Reply to
Max Demian