Attached pad carpet with carpet wall trimmer - any advice?

I laid down attached pad carpet in the basement. I have a Kanga carpet wall trimmer tool.

The attached pad makes it very difficult to crease the carpet against the wall. Therefore I can't determine the right line to trim the carpet.

Further, because of the attached pad, it's very difficult to shove the carpet wall trimmer against the baseboard. Thus, even if I could crease the carpet correctly, it's very tough to trim the correct line.

Any advice?

I already screwed up one wall. The carpet is 1/2" to 5/8" away from it, after I struggled with the situations described above.

I can't believe I was so stupid to attempt this install myself. With the Home Depot $37 install special, I could have had regular carpet for only a few hundred more.

Reply to
Bryan Scholtes

Post a picture on a media hosting site. I want to see this. Post a link here with pictures for the carpet and the problem.

Show us the tool.

Reply to
Oren

Oh god...

I used the tool wrong. It didn't come with any instructions.

There are maybe two videos online that show someone using a carpet wall trimmer, and I just didn't pay attention to how they were holding it.

So people: when you use these things, ASK how to use them. Please learn from my stupid mistake.

Reply to
Bryan Scholtes

We need people with your attitude for responsibility in Washington. Please consider running for public office.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I've never installed carpet before, but I would bet that with the right tool (maybe a board with a BUNCH of small nails pounded through it and something to kick against) you could easily stretch the carpet enough to make up 5/8".

But, wait for a few more knowledgeable people to chime in before proceeding...

Reply to
Larry Fishel

I can beleive it !!!!!!!!

Jr