Subject Author Posted Replies

Ebac Dehumid clicking repeatedly.
Unit clicks the main contactor repeatedly when start push button is pressed and unit will nit start or run. Changed contactor and relay and no different. Any other advice before I bin it?

BSPT radiator tail
I would normally use thick PTFE tape, but I'm not happy with the feel. I used 150-200mm of tape and I can keep turning the tail onto the radiator and if anything gets looser as I keep turning. Yes I...
4
4

Choice of fixing - PB
What fixing do you recommend in a plasterboard wall there it is not possible to tighten the screws as the item need to slot onto it with keyhole slots?
17
17

OT SCAM EMAIL
why are we all getting hundreds of emails telling us your various ant-virus contracts are running out?...shirley the amount of scam emails would tell anyone they were fake ? ....
3
3

Oil fuel woes
I keep bees at a farm some distance away and was planning to visit check the hives this morning. Many years ago prior to retiring in a different life I had installed a Firebird boiler for the farm...
12
12

Where your DIY donations go.
More than 120 charities have given their staff unconscious bias training, an investigation has found, amid questions on why donations are being spent on ?virtue signalling?. Parkinson's UK, the...
6
6

Royal Mail delivery scam
I'm expecting a couple of parcels from Amazon. Had an email this morning saying RM couldn't deliver, no safe place to leave it etc. please reschedule the delivery time. The email return address looked...
72
72

shocking dogs
report says that the property had no earth wiring but I would have thought that this was a neutral fault. Thoughts? Tim Martin Pitman's dachshund Charlie is thought to be one of seven dogs that got an...
10
10

OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"
Scotland and Canada are (thinking of) changing to "opt out" for organ donation. Why? Why not just make it mandatory? You're dead, you don't need those organs. Why waste the doctor's time on paperwork?...
55
55

Worcester Bosch horror story
javascript to read past the paywall) Basically an old lady has a new oil boiler fitted, it pisses oil all over the house possibly causing toxic effects. The house needs the entire floor removing and...
4
4

Mark
I have boarded out my laundry room with celotex, do I have to board over it or can I just leave it
8
8

Electrics to garage
I have a falling down old double garage a little way from the house and when I rebuild it I should run the electric out to it. If we are all going to be driving electric cars a garage without power in...
13
13

Mortar mix for seating slabs
A friend had a low brick garden wall built with slabs on top for seating. A couple of slabs came loose after very little use and it is evident that none of them are fixed properly - a sharp tug will...
13
13

Outdoor, pet friendly PIR
I currently have a security light on my garage (at the bottom of the garden) and used both for security and simply to see my way to the garage in the dark, but I need to add one to the shed next to...
8
8

New solar panel installation: panel orientation
Hello Solar experts, I am wondering whether the cost, subsidised or not, of a domestic PV solar installation may be set to come down. My house roof orientation is not ideal for solar panels but I have...
8
8