Daft thought for today - hot tap outdoors

As a side issue of my caravan washing saga I am thinking of using hot soapy water to shift the gripe off the roof.

Which in turn requires tramping in and out of the house to refill the bucket when I'm wet and dirty.

An outside hot water tap would, in these specific circumstances, be quite useful.

Has anyone got one?

If so, do you use it much?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

I just use a bucket and a sponge for our motorhome roof, followed by a hose. True we have a hot and cold taps in the garage so we don?t need to go through the house. BTW, the Aldi caravan cleaner is very good. Worth stocking up when it comes around.

Reply to
Brian

What is needed then is a portable in line shower heater to heat the water a as it goes through? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I guess one could attach a hose to the hot tap.... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

you could use the old hot washing machine supply...good idea

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Ive got tow. One hard, one soft.

All the time

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

David formulated on Sunday :

Yes, I put a thermostatic mixer, on the downstairs toilet washbasin, to make it a single tap for hand washing. It works well for that, but fit a hose on it and it serves for washing the dog outside too.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Are you sure hot water would be any better than cold? What sort of dirt do you want to shift? Maybe you just need a more powerful detergent.

Reply to
Max Demian

My uncle used to boil a big leg of ham in a baby-burco boiler at Christmas. The sort of thing normally used for washing stuff.

Lateral thinking always pays off but a steam cleaner or wall paper stripper might help shift the grime.

Personally I would visit a garden centre or similar and let the Romanians clean it properly.

Reply to
Andrew

washing a car is bad for it..... I only do it once a year whether it needs it or not ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...