standard brass top tap for hot water ?

Just checking. I presume a normal 15mm brass stop tap is OK for hot water as well as cold ? I have some pipes that will go off to a possible future connection point that would create a 3 metre dead leg if just capped off at the end, which sounds like stagnant water etc. Near where they will spur off there is loads of space (a type of service duct) where I can easily fit some full size stop taps to reduce the dead leg to almost zero. The use of stop taps is because they are likely to be off for a few years and need not to leak etc, and are also full bore. It may also be useful to be able to throttle the pipes at this point, for which use service valves tend to be noisy. Or is there a more reliable type of full-bore shut off valve that is likely to be OK and not leak for many years ? I'll jiggle the taps (they will be in a sort of cupboard) every so often like I do with the main stopcock to make sure they do not seize up. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson