galaxy serene shower (aka g9000s) not switching off

My son has this shower which does not switch off when the smaller control knob is turned to "0", however when switched off at ceiling switch the water does stop flowing. Would this prove that the solenoid valve is ok and the fault lies elsewhere. Any help would be much appreciated.

Update: I've now seen there is water coming out of the bottom of the shower, so I took the cover off and the pressure switch assembly is spraying out water. Also I tested the microswitch using the knob and a multimeter and it tested ok. Would these symptoms cause the shower not to turn off, or have I got two faults here.

Considering the dangers of an electrical fault in a shower and the fact that you have to ask do you really want to risk your sons life? Time to get professional help in I suggest.
In article <9967930f-e175-4bf1-bf7a-ac25908701d1

I'd guess it has a run-on feature which flushes cold water through the kettle for a few seconds to stop you scalding yourself if you restart immediately. Sounds like that bit's got stuck.