Subject Author Posted Replies

strange mauve cast on youtube video
I've borrowed one of those cheap £50 4k 360 deg experience cameras and was hoping to use it to get a 180 pano shots , rather than spend £300+ on a go Pro. So after messing about and finding I...
7
7

Most absurd lie on a product
cordless vacuum cleaner? Running off what looks like 2 18650 Li Ion batteries. So since those are about 4V each, that's 150 amps from one battery. I'm not so sure that's going to work....
71
71

Ordering prescription specs online
I have surveyed several on line suppliers of prescription spectacles and found that most seem to use a similar web page arrangement and source the ordered item from the US, although through a UK...
26
26

New laser required,where to get one
Hi require a new laser for my saw anyone know where to get one thanks.
2
2

Blocked toilet - now after flush nearly all water exits
I've not had much experience of blocked toilets I'm glad to say - solving them has been limited to pouring a bucket of water in from a height or using a plunger. I had to do one recently that was...
4
4

Vitodens 200
Trusty old Viessmann gave up the ghost yesterday. Flashing fault light. All my heating info is in the same folder which wasn't with the other ones. Typical. I self installed this boiler in the...
3
3

Allen bolt removal
5 of 8 allen bolts fixing 2 metal sheets on my car have stripped the hex key. They are/were 4mm, and I think stainless steel. I've tried drilling one out to 5 and 5.5, but the spirally tool in this...
18
18

How come? Firefox upgrade slows browsing.
Each time Firefox downloads one of its automatic updates, until the update is installed, browsing in Firefox comes almost to a painful standstill. I notice a similar issue with Win10 updates, once...
4
4

Garage Roof Advice
I need to replace a very leaky old garage roof, which is currently in corrugated asbestos sheets (I think they're asbestos anyway). I'm aware of the disposal process for old asbestos roof and I have...
15
15

How to fix wooden handrail to wall?
I need to fix an oval cross section stair handrail to a brick wall. The handrail will meet the wall at 90 degrees, so think like a plastering hawk where the flat part is the wall and the handle is the...
45
45

128GB U3 microSD Card for Nextbase dashcam
Nextbase want £63. Other makes are much cheaper. The most expensive I've found is Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB microSDXC Memory Card at £27. Which shall I buy? Anyone with concrete evidence that the...
4
4

FFS
Love ketchup and want to enjoy an elegant breakfast? Add a sterling silver ketchup bottle lid, this will fit a 342g bottle. Please note, the item comes as lid only and without the contents. Perfect...
24
24

thingsRe: I am being told that vertical radiators are not as efficient for the same volumetric flow as horizontal radiators.
So we lost the subject then?

Kobalt .5 hp cement mixer
Starts as it should but stops once start button is released
1
1

tinning steel
I was helping out a chap that collects military vehicles from the 70s. A coolant reservoir had developed a pin prick rust hole fairly near a seam. Initial inspection made me think it was basically a...
7
7