Fitting new SSD - mission accomplished

Thanks for all the advice about fitting a new SSD.

I decided to stick with what I know (Windows) so copied my existing data drive to an external drive then swapped over the hard drive for the SSD. I initialised the new SSD as MBR, on the basis that the existing primary SSD is MBR. I hope this was correct. I then copied the data to the new SSD.

Reply to
Scott

Do verify it as a faithful copy before you do anything too irreversible.

Reply to
Martin Brown

I am holding the full copy on the external drive meantime in case of problems. I also have a Macrium Reflect incremental backup set to fall back on, plus critical data backed up twice on pen drives. Is there anything more I should do? What do you mean by verify as a faithful copy?

Reply to
Scott