Subject Author Posted Replies

Back boxes for plasterboard walls
I think I'm going mad! Am I correct in saying that a dry lining back box does not need to be screwed to a stud or noggin? Screwing only applies if fitting a steel box in this location.
17
17

Flaval side control
When the fire is turned to high the flame dose not get as high as it use to,,gas pressure is perfect at the fire thanks.

Spring Clips on Downlights
What is the best technique with the viscious things? The seem to damage the plasterboard when removing the lamp. Why are they so damned fierce?
9
9

Canon PIXMA MG3150 printer on Windows 10?
A neighbour has a nice Windows 7 PC (#1), working with a Canon PIXMA MG3150 printer. Microsoft, others, and I keep saying he should be using Windows 10 (as I do), and he has eventually accepted that...
5
5

Recommend a magnifying lamp please.
Last time I took the back off an Iphone I could see which screws needed a 3 pronged screwdriver and which were 4. Yesterday, I had to remember which was which. Can the panel recommend a magnifying...
5
5

Wood filler, car body filler.
Ronseal wood filler seems to be styrene and talc, mixed, with hardener you add and mix. Sounds awfully like car body filler, which is lots cheaper. Is it the same, or different (how)?
5
5

speedy delivery
Ordered an impact wrench from FFX last night at 10:15pm it said "about to be dispatched" at 23:50, which I interpreted as "we've printed the shipping label" as several people do. but it's just arrived...
14
14

Managing a VPS?
I pay £35 quid per month for web hosting (it's a long story) it's a reseller package so I can have as many domains as i like but there are resource limits (I know!! At that price!) Plus there are...
4
4

An electronic question.
An audio circuit I found online and have been playing with has an odd design (to me). It's op-amp based running off a (separate) +/-15v supply. There are on board caps across the supply, which is...
43
43

wireless light switch??
Hi All, We currently have a room with a central light and two wall lights. This is wired such that there is a single gang double switch by the door. A 1.5 T&E cable runs from there to the ceiling. Two...
12
12

Touring electric coach stranded at Eden Project after failing to find charging point in Cornwall
fully-electric coach has found itself stranded in Cornwall after being unable to charge at five different locations across the Duchy. (contd) PMSL ... The Carbon Battle Bus had travelled from London...
77
77

Best adhesive for timber to fibreglass
I'm soon to begib to repair some water ingress to out caravan, at the front, which is a large fibreglass panel. With three wondow openings. The window openings are framed with timber, which I assume...
2
2

OT: Rise in pitch at the end of every sentence
Why do some people raise their voice at the end of every sentence? It sounds like they're asking a question. Glaswegians and Australians are particularly bad for it. Are they unsure of everything they...
22
22

OT G7 presents
"The owner, Stephen Bilenky, was contacted by the US state department on 23 May about designing the bike and a matching helmet, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported. It says the budget was just $1,500...

New Cylinder needed for system boiler fitting?
Hi All I am musing about finally replacing our anciente back boiler (Baxi Bermuda, part of a Plan C system dating back ... quite a bit) One possibility I am considering is having a system boiler...
27
27