Subject Author Posted Replies

Boiler upper limit switch from where?
Hi all, I believe I need an upper limit switch for an old but until today, 'trust' New World / Ascot CH502 (G.C. No. 41-620-30)balanced flue boiler. The switch itself seem to test out ok on the bench...
7
7

Solar power.
4
4

heating will not urn off
Honeywell 2 port zone valves? Does the heating valve open and close when the room thermostat and/or programmer is not calling / not calling for heat for heat? You can tell if it's open as the manual...
7
7

Edging strip ?
I have had to cut a large opening in the back of a desk unit in a fitted out study .. This back board is 20mm laminate faced chipboard. For sake of appearance I would like to edge the opening, it is...
8
8

What type of adhesive for fibreglass treads on concrete steps ?
The treads are about 700mm X 25mm The steps are outside our back door. Adhesive must be fairly thick (not runny) and must not go off too quickly.
2
2

Protecting pub type table legs from rot
Some 25 years ago I scratch built a pub style table with the attached bench seats, since when it lived outdoors in the weather. Eventually it rotted at the four feet, which are in constant contact...
21
21

Difference in plywoods
Guys, I need to get some plywood to refurb my trailer, it's only for the sides so thinking 12mm will be plenty thick enough but looking at the Wickes site they do 2 types in the 8'x4' sheets. The...
11
11

Best way forward in filling a trench inside the house?
firstly a bit of background. I bought a house last December. It originally had a semi-detached double garage with a supporting wall in the middle. (one of the bedrooms is above one of the garages.) A...
7
7

Laney R5 Bass Combo repair
Thanks to all who helped over the Trace Elliot combos: all three are now fixed and will go back into use at the start of the new term. The Laney R5 is also exhibiting huge levels of mains hum but...
19
19

Apprentices questions
Why did you to take your wife to Slovakia for your holidays? She's already been there.
6
6

Sawdust in a wall (!)
Trying to sort the floor in the living room and found the recesses at each = side of the chimney breast, which always seemed pretty shallow, are actuall= y false walls with a load of sawdust packed...
8
8

Shower waste with concrete floor
I am finalising the details of the a bathroom refurb which includes a 1000x900 shower enclosure. The shower will be located against two internal walls and the floor is a concrete slab. I understand...
6
6

Building a wooden shed door.
I have just finished resizing and repairing my shed but still have a door to make. I have plenty of off cuts (shiplap tonge & groove) that could be used but must the door `slats` be vertical or can I...
3
3

Yale antisnap cylinder
Hello, Has anyone had any experience with the Yale antisnap cylinder? don't say much about the other cylinders that they sell, so it is hard to compare specification. The Yale appears to cost about...
14
14

Google
What can I use now the groups at Google have finally done the inevitable? I have heard of a good German one but is there a decent British one in the same price range. Anyone know if Virgin support...
26
26