Infrared Temperature Probe: Any good for improving insulation?

Cold snap is reminding me just how much energy its taking to heat our house. Lidl have an IR probe for sale Thurs for £20 - it features audible representation of temperature hot/cold spots.

Anyone used anything similar to try to improve insulation? Any luck? Do you think a Lidl units is suitable or is there a better/cheaper versions available?. Best used outside looking for hotspots? Or inside looking for cold?

Temperature Probe Shows heat loss on windows, doors or insulation Quickly and reliably locates thermal leaks and cold bridges Light and sound indicator of a difference in temperature with 3 sensitivity levels: +/- 0.5, 3 or 5.5°C Battery included

Reply to
Simon Cee

Oops just noticed ealier post. Sorry. Question about usefulness still stands tho.

TIA.

Reply to
Simon Cee

I've got a basic 'point and shoot' and it's useful for balancing rads, and finding cold spots. The people I've tried it on not so impressed ('irritating chidish git') but still my most borrowed gadget.

Rob

Reply to
RJH